RANDOM THINGS I STUMBLED UPON AT FOREST LAWN CEMETERY
1. A replica of Boston’s Old North Church
2. Huge mosaics representing the American Revolution, and this great quote from James Madison:
3. Some great nicknames
4. Lots of inside jokes
5. Many instances of what I suspected might be (and later confirmed were) masonic symbols.
6. Humor! On a gravestone! Infinite Jest!
7. A typo! Oy vey. (Quite instead of Quiet, in case you’re wondering)
8. A Pied Piper reference.
9. David Carradine’s final resting place!
10. So. Many. Languages. and. Scripts! English/Roman, Armenian, Arabic, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Cyrillic, Hebrew…
11. A cat lady!
12. The “Mother Theresa of Lebanon,” Marie Hazarian
13. What made me the saddest? Plaques that had two sets of names and dates, and the end dates with so many years between them…
14. In honor of my mom, I put a flower on any plaque of a woman who died in her 40s.